I have owned this domain name for years, longer than I care to admit and I am just now getting it going (again). As embarrassed as I am for my procrastination, I am also thankful for the years I had allowed myself to learn new skills that will help my readers.
In order for this to happen, some planning had to be done first and here’s how I went about it:
- I trashed all of my past posts with a plan of reposting them when I feel the need to, started with a clean slate.
- Decided on a blog theme that I will stick with for at least a year. I realized that in the past, I had spent valuable time just deciding on a theme instead of creating something. Stop wasting time with the theme, be decisive and stick with it.
- Decided on color scheme and fonts and stick with that too! Thankfully, this theme already comes with nice fonts and I just had to learn to import one premium font to use.
- Blog post schedule. Now this is big for me, for the first time ever I defined what things I want to talk about down to the days of the week I will talk about them.
- Social media accounts. I listened to a Kate McKibbin webinar on secretbloggersbusiness.com and one of the things she talks about made a lot of sense to me. In social media, have at least three – obsess with one and automate two. I’m like, yes I can totally do that! So now I use Tailwind app for automation and so far it’s been great.
- Find a community. The sooner you accept that you need people, the easier time you’ll have. There are loads of groups just on Facebook alone for every possible interest. Connect, be inspired and help others while you’re at it.
So there you have it, my game plan. I’m sure I have a looong way to go but I feel good about this and I am thankful. 🙂